Hispanic Arts Council of
PROMOTING THE EXCELLENCE OF THE HISPANIC CULTURE THROUGH ARTS & EDUCATION!
AWARDEES OF THE 'UNIVERSIDAD YA!' SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM HONORED AT A CEREMONY BY THE HISPANIC ARTS COUNCIL OF ST. LOUIS AT ANHEUSER-BUSCH HEADQUARTERS ON JULY 6TH, 2015! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
The Hispanic Arts Council of St. Louis in partnership with Anheuser-Busch Companies, honored, on July 6th 2015, the recipients of the Universidad YA! Scholarship Program at the Anheuser-Busch Company headquarter in downtown St. Louis. The Hispanic Arts Council of St. Louis receives a donation of $5,000.00 annually for these scholarships to support educational opportunities for Latino/as in the St. Louis Region. The goal of this scholarship program is to benefit 5 Hispanic college students every year with $1,000.00 scholarship each through two scholarship programs to further their college studies. The winners of the 2015 Universidad YA! Scholarship Program are:
a) 2 RENEWABLE MERIT-BASED ‘UNIVERSIDAD YA! AVANZA SCHOLARSHIPS’ of $1,000 each. This scholarship is renewable for 4 years, provided the students maintain the eligibility requirements.
1. María Guadalupe Acosta, seeking her Associate's Degree in Accounting at St. Charles Community College.
2. Fátima Arabia, pursuing her Nursing Degree at UMSL.
b) 3 NON RENEWABLE NEED-BASED ‘UNIVERSIDAD YA! SCHOLARSHIPS’ of $1,000 each.
1. Luisa Castañeda, enrolled at Washington University with full scholarship to pursue her BA in Political Science and International Relations.
2. Daniela Hinojosa, enrolled at Pomona College, CA, through the Quest Bridge Program with full scholarship, to pursue a BS in Computer Science.
3. Vanessa González, enrolled at Truman State Univ. to obtain a BS in Science Pre-med program.
The Hispanic Arts Council of St. Louis and Anheuser-Busch Co. congratulate the winners and wish them a great academic year 2015-2016! See pictures of the ceremony in our Photo Gallery CLICK HERE!
-First picture: from left to right: Maria Guadalupe Acosta, Daniela Hinojosa, the President of the Hispanic Arts Council Ms. Virginia Braxs, Mr. Gonzalez accepting for her daughter Ms. Vanessa Gonzalez, Mrs. Patricia Heltmeyer accepting for Luisa Castaneda and Ms. Fatima Arabia.
-Second picture: from left to right: President of the Hispanic Arts Council Ms. Virginia Braxs listening to the introductory words of Mr. Julio Suarez (right), Senior Director of Community Affairs at Anheuser-Busch Co.